- Space4U creates a comfortable and welcoming space especially for people who are seeking asylum or are refugees, enabling them to integrate with the local community as easily and as soon as possible.
- A safe space for asylum seekers and refugees to meet: helps to combat social isolation, promotes integration and understanding between local people and asylum seekers and refugees, as well as providing an opportunity to practice speaking English.
- Space4U is open from 12:30 – 5:30pm every Monday and Thursday at the Trinity Centre.
- Free ESOL classes at Beginners and Intermediate levels.
Space4U attempts to combat destitution by providing:
- A clothing store – open on Monday afternoons 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Food store for those with no support
- A hot meal for all who attend our drop-ins on Monday and Thursday afternoon.
- Light refreshments: tea, coffee, and biscuits
Recreational activities and games:
- Table football, pool & table tennis
- Chess and scrabble
- Day trips
- Art with Creative Arts Practitioner Student
Space4U provides help and information including:
- Help with completing forms
- Help to register for school or college courses
- Signposting for a variety of issues